Jesus said, “This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent” (John 17:3). The heart of eternal life is for you to know God and to know Jesus Christ whom He has sent. Knowing God does not come through a program, a study, or a method. Knowing God comes through a relationship with a Person. This is an intimate love relationship with God. Through this relationship, God reveals Himself, His purposes, and His ways; and He invites you to join Him where He is already at work. When you obey, God accomplishes through you something only He can do. Then you come to know God in a more intimate way by experiencing God at work through you.
In the next 40 Days (starting April 23), our congregation is launching out to seek and experience God in a radical way. Together, we will be seeking God’s will for our church as it relates to Crossroads College and our outreach to our community. To guide us in our seeking, the messages on Sunday morning will focus on the seven realities of experiencing God found in the Bible and discussed in the book, Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby (This book will be available to purchase if you would like to read more extensively on these topics).
• Apr 23—God is always at work around you.
• Apr 30—God pursues a continuing love relationship with you that is real and personal.
• May 07—God invites you to become involved with Him in His work.
• May 14—God speaks by the Holy Spirit through the Bible, prayer, circumstances, and the church to reveal Himself, His purposes, and His ways.
• May 21—God’s invitation for you to work with Him always leads you to a crisis of belief that requires faith and action.
• May 28—You must make major adjustments in your life to join God in what He is doing.
• Jun 04—You come to know God by experience as you obey Him and He accomplishes His work through you.
Pray that this can be a life-changing spiritual experience for all of us, as we look experience God in a deeper way.